Saturday, September 5, 2009

too much to say...

Last night Matt took me out on a date to the Sundance Resort. We rode the chair lift up and over peaks of the mountains and then back down again under the light of the full moon. It was amazing. We were up so high and the night was dark, except for the light of the moon, and it shone so bright. It was so picturesque. We, along with many many other couples rugged up on the chair lift with a blanket over our legs and admired the landscape.
I feel like I have so much to write, and whenever I am doing something the thought pops up...oooh i have to write about this on my blog... It was such a cool thing to do.
Sundance Resort is owned by Robert Redford and is where all of the snow bunnies go in winter. Matt and his pals hit it up in the snow season and snowboard 'till their heart's content.
Snowboarding id definitely something I am going to learn more about this winter. I HATE the cold though. I can't handle the Blue Mountains back home I am dreading winter here. I am a coastal girl.
















Ok, so we have been taking care of our garden, we planted tomatoes, capsicum (or bell peppers as they are known here), watermelons, chard, corn, cucumber..... and.... squash!!! Which just GROWS! I have the biggest one I picked yet which isn't in this photo, along with all of these, and seriously, there is only so much you can do. We grill it on the bbq, sautee it with corn and butter, I made zucchini bread with 2 of them and this is what I am left with! I need ideas... bad.
So if you have any good recipes please let me know.






Matt's parents are coming to stay tomorrow. We are really excited. Matt bought this house about 18 months ago now and they haven't seen it yet - so he is super excited. He wants his Dad to check it out and give him some advice on renovations, meanwhile I can learn all of the amazing pie recipes from his mum, oh and peanut butter cookies! YUM!
I promised Matt I would make them vegemite on toast.




I have a little bit of cleaning to do - replying to emails for the business we're trying to get started over here and probably make some more zucchini bread!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Nat, I am enjoying your blog. I'm still learning how to do it and finding the time is sometimes a challenge. So how are you liking the cold? I heard it was snowing there. take care a stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete